This 210-hour program is designed to quickly acquaint you with applied, practical skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and OneNote. The training is intensive, hands-on and instructor-led. By the end of the program, you will have developed a digital portfolio of documents that demonstrate your new or updated software skills.
Starting with File Management and MS-Office Start Strong, you'll complete 144 hours of required face-to-face courses, and spend about 30 hours on take-home assignments, finishing up with your self-directed 36 hours completion project to showcase your new skills.
Located primarily at our Lansdowne campus, with some courses offered at Interurban, the MS-Office program courses are offered weekdays, with some offered weeknights and online. Level 1 courses are offered every semester, while Level 2 and Integration courses are offered less frequently.
The cost of this program from start to finish is approximately $4,695. This price is only an estimate. (This price covers tuition, application fees and textbooks.)
- Computers - Level 1 (BSCM 501G) or equivalent basic computer skills, is a requirement for the first course (BSCM 504V).
- Participants must have access to a computer that is loaded with and capable of running the most recent release of the Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote and Access). Computers are available on campus 7 days a week at the Learning Commons (Library) at either campus. Visit the Library website for hours.
- The self-directed completion project (BSCM 540V) is the last course in the program and must be completed within two months of registering for it. All courses must be completed within two years of starting the first course in the program.
- Grade 12 High School Completion or equivalent. This is a minimum requirement for most jobs that require computer skills.
- Keyboarding speed of 25 wpm, so that you can focus on learning new computer skills, rather than constantly searching for the right keys.
- Two years of work experience in a business environment within the past five years. This will help you to better visualize how and where software solutions can best be applied to business problems.