We are temporarily suspending Continuing Education as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are also pausing certificate programs apart from a condensed fall offering of this Microsoft Office Program (September - December 2020).
This 210-hour program is designed to quickly acquaint you with applied, practical skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and OneNote. The training is intensive, hands-on and instructor-led. By the end of the program, you will have developed a digital portfolio of documents that demonstrate your new or updated software skills.
Starting with File Management and MS-Office Start Strong, you'll complete 144 hours of required face-to-face courses, and spend about 30 hours on take-home assignments, finishing up with your self-directed 36 hours completion project to showcase your new skills. You can take courses separately, or combine them all for a certificate, by December 31, 2020.
Located temporarily online (due to COVID-19), the MS-Office program courses are offered this fall on Wednesday and Fridays during the day. We will be offering this condensed format from September - December, 2020.
The cost of this program from start to finish is approximately $4,860. This price is only an estimate. (This price covers tuition, application fees and textbooks.)
- Computers - Level 1 (BSCM 501G) or equivalent basic computer skills, is a requirement for the first course (BSCM 504V).
- Participants must have access to a computer that is loaded with and capable of running the most recent release of the Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote and Access). Computers are available on campus 7 days a week at the Learning Commons (Library) at either campus. Visit the Library website for hours.
- The self-directed completion project (BSCM 540V) is the last course in the program and must be completed within two months of registering for it. All courses must be completed within two years of starting the first course in the program.
- The Microsoft Office 2019 software is now cloud based, issued on a Camosun computer terminal. Basic information will be shared between servers that may cross through international borders.
- Grade 12 High School Completion or equivalent. This is a minimum requirement for most jobs that require computer skills.
- Keyboarding speed of 25 wpm, so that you can focus on learning new computer skills, rather than constantly searching for the right keys.
- Two years of work experience in a business environment within the past five years. This will help you to better visualize how and where software solutions can best be applied to business problems.