Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) Certification
The CPM certification is a valuable credential providing the management skills needed by experienced PCP certification holders to advance their career in payroll management. New students must have at least two years of experience with responsibility for an organization’s payroll function (obtained in the past five years), including being accountable to management for the accuracy of employees’ pay and all government statutory remittances, or equivalent experience.
Each CPM student must submit a Payroll Experience Prerequisite Application (PEPA) and receive approval from the CPA prior to enrolling in the Introduction to Payroll Management course.
The CPM certification requires five courses:
- Introduction to Payroll Management (IPM) (Prerequisites: Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification and payroll experience)
- Organizational Behaviour Management (transfer of credit; offered at post-secondary institutions)
- Managerial Accounting (transfer of credit; offered at post-secondary institutions)
- Compensation & Benefits Management (transfer of credit; offered at post-secondary institutions)
- Applied Payroll Management (APM) (Prerequisite: Introduction to Payroll Management)
Please refer to the PCP registration information as per above.