Learn about the stages of pregnancy, stages of labour, preparing for labour and delivery including labour techniques, interventions and options during labour and delivery, and caring for mom and baby. You may participate using a computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone. The online course design allows you to spend as much or as little time as you’d like reviewing the content. We strongly encourage your participation in the live sessions.
We recommend that you register in your second trimester to secure the class that works best for you and your partner in your third trimester.
What to expect:
- You will have four live classes via video live-stream. The first class will begin at your regularly scheduled class time and will be 1.5 hours in duration.
- Your instructor will follow the lesson plan with a focus on key content and your urgent questions in a group setting. Keep in mind, there is less social interaction in the online learning activities then in an in-person class.
- There is a discussion board for questions, which your instructor will monitor and answer.
- Additional course materials are posted online. These include handouts, activities, and videos
- You can access all course materials at any time. Live video classes will be recorded and accessible anytime during the course.
- Baby's Best Chance (available from https://www.healthyfamiliesbc.ca)
- Computer access with a microphone and speaker