Learn about the stages of labour, preparing for labour and delivery including labour techniques, interventions and options during labour and delivery, and caring for mom and baby. The course includes a guided video tour of the hospital facilities. The online course design allows you to spend as much or as little time as you’d like reviewing the content.
We recommend that you register in your second trimester to secure the class that works best for you and your partner in your third trimester.
What to expect:
- You will have four live classes via video live-stream. The first class will begin at your regularly scheduled class time and will be 1.5 hours in duration.
- Your instructor will follow the lesson plan with a focus on key content and your urgent questions in a group setting.
- There is a discussion board for questions, which your instructor will monitor and answer.
- Additional course materials are posted online. These include handouts, activities, and videos
- You can access all course materials at any time. Live video classes will be recorded and accessible anytime during the course.
- Baby's Best Chance (available from https://www.healthyfamiliesbc.ca)
- Computer access with a microphone and speaker
"The Instructors' presentations were comprehensive and very helpful. And the program coordinator was excellent with any technical issues with the new online format. They were a great team."
"Given all the challenges of running such a course entirely online, the instructor and coordinator did an amazing job in conveying all the essentials".
"Having Valerie (program coordinator) present for all online sessions to help with tech support was great as it was such a learning curve for all of us, that's really appreciated"
"Having an instructor as experienced and good at sharing that experience as Margaret (instructor) has been wonderful - thank you for all of the detailed and instructive answers to questions, in addition to the prepared course material!"