Learn basics of a healthy plant-based lifestyle in this four week, self-paced, online course. You will be guided from an expert in plant-based eating and health promotion about the essential nutrients needed for a complete diet, including protein, fibre and omega fatty acids. Become equipped to shop and cook efficiently by creating a meal plan and preparation routine. The course also covers how to sustain a healthy plant-based living environment in your home, workplace and while at restaurants and social functions. This course includes presentations, videos, interactive printouts and recipes.
Please note: You can still join this course after June 1st.
Modules will be released one week at a time, starting the day you register.
What to expect:
- You will have four course modules that will be released each Monday of the course that consist of a presentation on the following topics:
- Power Up With Plants
- Meal Prep Like A Pro
- Reducing Waste In Your Kitchen
- Nudging Healthy Habits to Fuel Your Lifestyle
- You will also be shared a video recipe each week to follow along with the presentation, and a short homework assignment:
- Easy Cashew Cheese
- Zesty Kale Salad with Apples
- Waste-Not Vegetable Broth
- Decadent White Chocolate Raspberry Freezer Fudge
- There is also a discussion board for questions, which your instructor will monitor and answer.
- All course materials are posted online. These include handouts and activities.
By the end of this course/workshop series, students will be able to:
- Learn the basic nutritional elements of a healthy plant-based lifestyle with no animal products
- Learn how to prepare, plan, and shop for healthy plant-based meals
- Learn the environmental benefits of a healthy plant-based lifestyle
- Learn how to create habits to promote a healthy lifestyle
Special attention will be given to cooking and shopping practices addressing current pandemic regulations.