Whether you manage your own finances, run a business or a large organization, this course will give you the skills you need to have Excel do your calculations. Each topic is designed to save you time and ensure the integrity of your data. Use AutoFill, number styles, relative and absolute cell referencing, and many more commands to reduce typing and increase accuracy. Know how and when to apply functions (e.g. average, sum, count, min, max) to calculate your data; simplify your formatting, and create charts to visually represent your numbers.
What to expect from this online course:
- You will have live classes via video live-stream, with a chat feature that your instructor will monitor and answer.
- Students will be emailed the course materials and instructions on how to log-in online before the course start date.
- All course materials are posted online. These include handouts and activities.
Strong file management skills. Word Level 1 or equivalent skills recommended. Electronic course manual (pdf) included. Students should ensure they have access to a cloud (such as Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Icloud etc.) and ensure they know their username and password for class.
To take this course online you will need a computer with a reliable internet connection (ideally hard wired in, or located close to your main router), plus a camera and microphone. In addition, it is recommended to use Chrome as your internet browser. You may also find it easier to navigate this online course using two computer monitors, however a single monitor is still fine, you can set up your desktop view as a split screen feature.
- "Very well designed course, with a good pace" JL
- "This class helps tremendously with the basics and understanding of how Excel works, formulas and what Excel can do." A.B.
- "Good pacing, clear explanations. Really valuable." B.N.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- MS Office : Required
We are offering a condensed online version of the MS Office Certificate Program starting September 2020. The schedule for this certificate will be finalized in the coming weeks. Please join our interest list to be notified when the schedule and registration dates are confirmed.