Realistic examples will be used to demonstrate ways to build on your basic knowledge of Excel to increase your productivity. Use powerful logic functions such as “IF” to identify conditions met or not met for specific criteria. Determine if you can afford a loan with financial payment functions. Use conditional formatting tools to easily identify key indicators for your business such as top 10, or highest average, based on your unique criteria. Link and group worksheets, use named ranges to quickly locate data, and use powerful database techniques that include data validation, sorting and filtering and many more Excel topics. You must be familiar with AutoSum, AutoFill, how to create a basic chart and understand the difference between relative and absolute referencing.
What to expect:
- You will have 6 live classes (Tue-Thu) via video live-stream and will be 3 hours in duration (9am-12pm).
- Students will be emailed the course materials and instructions on how to log-in online before the course start date.
- There is a discussion board for questions, which your instructor will monitor and answer.
- All course materials are posted online. These include handouts and activities.
- To take this course online you will need a computer with a reliable internet connection (ideally hard wired in, or located close to your main router), plus a camera and microphone. In addition, it is recommended to use Chrome as your internet browser.
- Students may also find it easier to navigate this on-line course using two computer monitors, however a single monitor is still fine, you can set up your desktop view as a split screen feature.
NotesCourses of further interest: Excel Level 3
Excel Level 1 or equivalent skills plus strong file management skills. Word Level 1 or equivalent skills recommended. Electronic course manual (pdf) included. Students should ensure they have access to a cloud (such as Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Icloud etc. ) and ensure they know their username and password for class.
Testimonials"Caroline was amazing! She was funny, informative and a pleasure to have as an instructor! Very easy learning pace, tons of help given so you're never lost." V.E.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- MS Office : Required