Databases play a vital role in the business operations of most organizations. They are the central repository for critical information on products, customers, suppliers, sales, and a host of other essential information. Learn how a relational database works while learning to use Microsoft Access. Plan and build tables (naming conventions, data types, primary keys, importing, and table relationships). Learn how to find and sort records. Work with forms to ease data entry and design reports to make your data readable and professional. Not a developers course (data modelling not included).
What to expect from this online course:
- You will have live classes via video live-stream, with a chat feature that your instructor will monitor and answer.
- Students will be emailed the course materials and instructions on how to log-in online before the course start date.
- All course materials are posted online. These include handouts and activities.
Textbook used in this course is Access In Easy Steps: Illustrated Using Access 2019 and is available for purchase at the college bookstore. Course fees do not include the textbook.
Designed for intermediate computer users with Word Level 1 and/or Excel Level 1 or equivalent skills, plus strong file management skills.
Students should ensure they have access to a cloud (such as Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Icloud etc. ) and ensure they know their username and password for class.
To take this course online you will need a computer with a reliable internet connection (ideally hard wired in, or located close to your main router), plus a camera and microphone. In addition, it is recommended to use Chrome as your internet browser. You may also find it easier to navigate this on-line course using two computer monitors, however a single monitor is still fine, you can set up your desktop view as a split screen feature.
- “As always, Caroline was meticulous breaking down the content into chunks and effectively elaborating on their relationship and purpose in a way I could easily apply. I feel so much more confident with Access.” A.V.
- "Caroline is great. Keep her as an instructor at all costs. The book is great, but the combo (teacher and book) is essential to learn Access!" S.J.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- MS Office : Required
We are offering a condensed online version of the MS Office Certificate Program starting September 2020. The schedule for this certificate will be finalized in the coming weeks. Please join our interest list to be notified when the schedule and registration dates are confirmed.