Course DescriptionYour success in the workplace depends on your ability to communicate effectively. Good leaders are good communicators. This course introduces the critical components of effective communication including non-verbal communication. Through large and small group discussions, paired activities and reflection, ways to improve your interpersonal communication skills will be identified.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be better able to:
- Recognize common communication barriers;
- Identify filters to effective communication;
- Improve active listening techniques;
- Develop questioning techniques;
- Develop clarifying techniques;
- Understand the role of non-verbal communication; and
- Identify their preferred communication style.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership Development : Core