Course DescriptionRegular feedback, along with productive exchange of information between leaders and their team members, is key to successful performance management. Through this course, you will explore key elements of the performance management process and how leaders and their teams can work together to plan, monitor, and review objectives and contributions to their organizations. You will learn how leaders can effectively communicate expectations to team members and successfully support them to fulfill the expectations. Tools for reviewing and evaluating performance will be discussed. Opportunities to analyze problems, plan strategies, and examine performance management conversations will be included, and tips on motivation, recognition, and retention will be offered.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be better able to:
- Define the characteristics of an effective performance management system;
- Identify the key elements of the performance management process;
- Write clear performance objectives;
- Give appropriate feedback for performance maintenance and growth;
- Hold performance improvement conversations;
- Apply skill and motivation principles to employee development and engagement;
- Identify the benefits of a participatory approach to performance planning and review;
- Utilize knowledge about personal communication preferences to interact more effectively when talking about performance; and
- Use performance planning and review as a management tool.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership Development : Elective