Course DescriptionThe job of supervising/managing is becoming more complex all the time, and managing within a human rights environment can seem a bit intimidating. When you add bullying and abuse of authority to the mix, it can seem overwhelming. What are people's rights, and what constitutes "harassment", bullying, and abuse of authority? What are the responsibilities and liabilities of a supervisor/manager? In this session, you will learn about human rights legislation and how it works, bullying and abuse of authority issues, liability and prevention. You will also discuss fair treatment, freedom of information and privacy, and the supervisor's role.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be better able to:
- Understand human rights legislation and how it works;
- Recognize the differences between harassment, abuse of authority, and bullying;
- Identify helpful behaviours for managers and supervisors in human rights environments; and
- Understand the basic tenets and importance of freedom of information and privacy and fair treatment
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership Development : Elective