The cornerstone of effective leadership is personal mastery. Using 360 feedback, small group exercises and reflective practice, this module is designed to increase self-awareness and personal efficacy. Participants will be given assignments to complete between sessions in order to deepen their learning and build a foundation for on-going leadership development. Given that this module requires previous understanding of leadership principles and the capacity for personal introspection, it is likely that the participants will derive greater benefit if it is taken later in the program.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be better able to:
- Identify the critical elements of personally effective leadership by:
- Enhancing their understanding of personal mastery;
- Developing a self-reflective practice to enhance self-awareness;
- Using 360 feedback to enhance their leadership practice;
- Identifying personal values; and
- Creating a clear personal vision.
- Recognize ways to continue their own growth and development;
- Utilize self-reflective tools to increase self-awareness;
- Identify resources and options for continued learning; and
- Create a personal learning plan aimed at continued development.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership Development : Core