As leaders in the workplace, how can you create an environment of acknowledgement and meaningful dialogue to dispel myths and stereotypes? Going beyond recognizing and valuing diversity, this course explores the legislative and social realities of working with indigenous people and communities. There are many distinct First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples within British Columbia. In this course, we will explore relationship-building with indigenous peoples and communities in British Columbia.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be better able to:
- Examine common myths and stereotypes and relate to personal worldviews regarding indigenous peoples
- Identify and discuss fiduciary obligations and meaningful consultation regarding indigenous peoples in BC
- Discuss approaches for relationship building with indigenous people and communities
- Explore ways to create respectful spaces and engagement for indigenous employees in the workplace
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership Development : Elective