This course is a comprehensive introduction for the novice investor who is interested in learning about Canadian investment, money and capital markets. Mahesh combines his wealth of experience with a fun, engaging, practical teaching style to help you learn and understand how to make sense of the complex financial world. You'll gain the knowledge in a supportive classroom environment to become more confident with the financial markets and have the tools to make smarter investment decisions.
- Investment objectives, risk and return
- Financial markets and financial instruments: equities, bonds and derivatives (futures, forwards and options)
- Mutual funds and the institutional environment
- How securities are traded
- Market efficiency
- Fundamental analysis, technical analysis and security analysis
- Portfolio selection, portfolio theory and diversification
- The capital asset pricing model
What to expect:
- You will have eight live classes (Wednesdays) via video live-stream and will be 2 hours in duration.
- Students will be emailed the course materials and instructions on how to log-in online before the course start date.
- There is a discussion board for questions, which your instructor will monitor and answer.
- All course materials are posted online. These include handouts and activities.