Manage projects successfully from initiating to planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes. Learn to employ standardized practices to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of an applied project.
This program allows you to choose your own project to work on rather than using a case study or team project. This allows you to create a project that focuses on what is relevant for your own field or industry. You also complete individual assignments, ensuring you gain experience with all of the skills required.
This program is offered three times per year: September to December, January to Mid April, Mid April to Mid July
Is online learning for you?
Anyone can learn online, but online learning requires different skills than learning in a classroom. It's important to know what to expect, to understand how to succeed in online learning, and to identify any barriers that may hinder your learning in an online environment. Complete this questionnaire to help you identify if learning project management online is appropriate for you at this time.
The cost of this program from start to finish is approximately $5,660. All prices are estimates. (This price does not include textbooks or software.)
Camosun's Applied Project Management program is an approved Gold Seal Accredited Course Provider and is recognized by the BC Housing Licensing and Consumer Services (formerly the Home Owner Protection Office) for CPD points.
- Windows-based PC or a Windows-enabled Mac
- Microsoft Word, and Excel
- MS Project (any version EXCEPT 2016), purchase price approximately $155 US - link to purchase provided during first course.
The program uses several resources to help you learn practical project management skills. When you enrol, you will receive detailed instructions on what is required, but you can expect that you will need:
- Computer with Internet Access and Windows Operating system
- Microsoft Project (Windows based PC or a Windows enabled MAC is required)
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Suggested Text Book: Project Management: A Managerial Approach. J.R. Meredith and S.J. Mantel Jr., John Wiley and Sons. Any Edition
(Available used online, price will vary from $5 used to $110 new, details will be discussed during first course.)
- Participants must complete all the courses (14 weeks) in order.
- You must complete and achieve 60% (C) or higher in all courses to receive a Certificate in Applied Project Management.
“PMI”, “PMBOK”, “Project Management Professional”, “PMP” and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.