Learn valuable, highly practical and transferrable skills
The online Applied Project Management program provides an introduction to the fundamental theory and approach used to manage projects successfully. It focuses on the application of project management methods and tools during initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes. Employing standardized practices to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of project management is emphasized.
The program uses several resources to help you learn practical project management skills. When you enrol, you will receive detailed instructions on what is required, but you can expect that you will need:
- Computer with Internet Access and Windows Operating system
- Microsoft Project (Windows based PC or a Windows enabled MAC is required)
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Suggested Text Book: Project Management: A Managerial Approach. J.R. Meredith and S.J. Mantel Jr., John Wiley and Sons. Any Edition
(Available used online, details will be discussed during first course.)
- Participants must complete all the courses (116 hours - 14 weeks) in order.
- You must complete and achieve 60% (C) or higher in all courses to receive a Certificate in Applied Project Management.
Receive your credential
When you are ready to apply for your Certificate in Applied Project Management, you will need to:
- Submit an Application for Admission to the College for the credential (Certificate in Applied Project Management). An application fee applies.
- Submit a Request for Credential to the College (Certificate in Applied Project Management).
The cost of this program from start to finish is approximately $5,660. All prices are estimates. (This price does not include textbooks or software.)
- Application fee: $41.82
You may register on a course-by-course basis prior to applying to this program. To complete the program and receive your credential, an application must be submitted with the application fee.
- Required hardware: Windows-based PC or a Windows-enabled Mac
- Required software: MS Project (any version EXCEPT 2016), Microsoft Word, and Excel
(Please contact us directly at 250-370-4563 or ContinuingEd@camosun.ca if you have questions regarding hardware and software requirements)