Organizations seek qualified business analysts to help enable change by defining business needs and recommending solutions that deliver real business value. In this course, students will explore the role of today’s business analyst by applying industry recognized skills, techniques and methods. Students will discover how to analyze a business situation, set business goals and objectives, elicit a variety of business analysis information including un-stated and implied requirements, choose the appropriate modeling techniques, and evaluate the benefits and value realized by a solution.
What to expect:
- You will have live classes via video live-stream and will be 2 hours in duration (see schedule for details).
- Students will be emailed the course materials and instructions on how to log-in online before the course start date.
- There is a discussion board for questions, which your instructor will monitor and answer.
- All course materials are posted online. These include handouts and activities.
Upon successful completion of this course a student will be able to:
- define and explain the role and required skill set of today’s business analysis professional
- explain the characteristics of business, stakeholder, solution, transition and evaluation (benefits realization) requirements and business rules, and why they are important
- recognize tasks, techniques and best practices of business analysis in accordance with industry standards like the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) Version 3, and the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
- explain at a high level the activities and deliverables associated with business analysis work on any change initiative
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Analysis : Required